Based on the innovative concept of ‘Family Social Responsibility’, our Family Fellowship Program offers the entire family an opportunity to make a genuine contribution whilst becoming actively involved with TEWOAF on an ongoing basis, and from one generation to the next, both in Australia and in India. This unique donor club welcomes supporters who give either a tax deductible donation of $3,300 more.
The Program was officially launched in February 2005 by our Patron The Honourable Ron Merkel QC during the aftermath of the Indian Ocean Tsunami. Initially, a total of 21 families chose to become part of the program. The funds raised were used for the construction of The Merkel Family Fellowship Building – opened in October 2006 – a new dormitory built to accommodate children displaced by the disaster.
There are currently 66 Family Fellows.
Fellowship membership offers a chance to share in a remarkable experience:
- you receive regular updates on TEWOAF's activities;
- you and your family, if travelling to India, are welcome to visit the Uluru Children's Home (with prior notice);
- assistance is provided with transportation arrangements to Uluru Children's Home from Chennai Airport, and other arrival or departure points;
- advice is given with respect to travel from the Uluru Children's Home to nearby tourist destinations;
- Family Fellows may apply to volunteer their skills both in Australia and India - click here to learn about volunteering.
When visiting the Uluru Children's Home, Family Fellows can really appreciate and become involved in the work being done. All who have visited have found it very rewarding. It also provides an invaluable opportunity for the children to meet you. In this way, East meets West in a reciprocal experience of giving and sharing.
The East West Overseas Aid Foundation (ABN 18 002 155 029) has been endorsed by the Australian Taxation Office as a Deductible Gift Recipient and gifts to it are deductible for Australian Income Tax purposes. The Foundation issues all donors with its official receipt evidencing the amount of their donation and confirming its tax deductible status.